We are looking for a passionate Account Manager to partner with and ensure the long-term success of our retainer clients. Our Account Managers (AMs) are the primary points of contact and project leads for our clients. They act as high-level leaders and strategists, facilitate amazing client experiences, and lead both the internal project team and the client successfully through projects and other work, mostly around website optimization and paid advertising.
Each AM generally works with six clients at a time (most of whom are on annual retainers) and with a dedicated internal production unit (strategist, developer, designer). Organization is key. An AM is under steady pressure to take information, organize it, and devise innovative strategies to effectively communicate client goals—all within the budget and timeline. If you’re self-motivated, positive, and don’t require too much handholding, you will thrive here.
- 3+ years experience managing client relationships, preferably within a creative or digital marketing agency
- Ability to understand client needs and lead project teams to successfully meet and exceed requirements
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- Keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Understanding of traditional and digital marketing, content strategy, web design, and optimization
- Self-starter and team player who is driven to constantly improve
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- BA or BS in marketing, communication, or a similar field, or equivalent experience
- Leading clients’ marketing and advertising strategies
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Communicating at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Promoting the expansion of business with existing clients
- Completing projects within a specific timeline and budget
- Pushing clients, and the agency, creatively and strategically
- Bonus if you have experience in website optimization (A/B/n testing, Conversion Rate Optimization, e-commerce optimization, and etc.)
- Required to work onsite in our office in Vancouver, Washington (it’s a beautiful space)
- Full-time salaried position
- Some of the benefits include:
- Working with great people
- Flexible schedule
- Health and dental care
- Maternity / Paternity
- 401k match
- Paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Beer, much beer
- Other cool stuff we do randomly for fun (like once a month team days)
- For people who live in Portland, commuters will be traveling against traffic which takes only 8-10 minutes by car from downtown. That’s right, we are closer and more accessible than Beaverton, Gresham, Lake Oswego…you get the idea.
This is an onsite office-based role reporting to the VP.
We’re all about building as much trust as possible with you along your interview process. We feel it very important to introduce you to as many This is what you can expect in our interview process:
- A phone interview with our President and Senior Account Manager
- An in-person interview with our President and Senior Account Manager (maybe one other)
- A team interview
- A management “get-to-know-you” interview (by this time we’ve probably already made our decision and want you to get to know other managers in the company)
If you are ready to jump on board please apply on Indeed.