We are no longer accepting applications for this position. We may reopen the application process if no applicant is chosen.
Gravitate is a fast paced, fun digital marketing agency of talented and driven web professionals in Vancouver, Washington. We are looking to add a Web Developer to our service team.
This position will receive calls and emails from clients for website updates, write estimates, schedule tasks, troubleshoot errors, build feature enhancements, and participate in conference calls. The difference between this position and our Full Stack Developer, is that you will have more direct client interaction and will be working on multiple websites each day, written by various developers, primarily doing quick-turnaround updates and fixes (not long-term projects). This is an entry-level position but applicants must have a good understanding of the fundamentals of coding in PHP for WordPress (not just using the admin panel).
Applicants must have good customer service and troubleshooting skills and be able to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment, have a good ability to multitask, be eager to learn new skills, very well organized, handle the ebbs and flows of agency life, respond well to feedback, be willing to contribute ideas and opinions, and have a strong work ethic.
We offer a competitive annual salary (based on experience and skill level) and a benefits package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 401k, health and dental care, and more. We have a fun, supportive culture of talented, passionate people and a wonderful work environment. The position is 8AM – 5PM Monday through Friday, telecommuting is not an option.
- Answering phones and emails
- Estimating and managing tasks
- Time management
- Troubleshooting code and server errors
- Web development (primarily WordPress, PHP, and CSS)
- AWS hosting deployment and management (primarily Opsworks and Git)
- All applicants must score well on our Developer Test to be interviewed
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in web development
- Coding for WordPress
- Positive attitude
- Confident, clear communication skills with clients and team members
- Self-initiating, punctual, and honest
- Passionate about new developments in digital marketing
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache and NGINX configurations
- Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- RESTful API
- Drupal, Joomla, Magento
- ASP/ASPX, DNN
- Zendesk or other ticketing system
- Required to work onsite in our office in Vancouver, Washington
- Full-time salary position
- Health and dental care
- Paid time off
- Other cool stuff we do randomly for fun
- Reports to the Ongoing Department Director
Please email your cover letter and resume to using our Indeed job posting. No calls please.