The content strategist owns the overall digital marketing strategy and works hand in hand with the rest of the core team (designer, developer, copywriter, account manager) to create websites and campaigns that drive real business results. Most of our clients are in long term engagements with us so you will have the opportunity to work with companies over time to grow their online presence.
- Conduct research to determine digital marketing trends, strategic opportunities, buyer personas, etc.
- Develop SEO strategies for websites and marketing campaigns
- Work with designers and developers to create information architecture, user flows, content mapping, etc.
- Create content strategy blueprints for websites
- Lead discussions around content and SEO and present findings
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of modern technical SEO (on page optimization, local listings, link building, etc.) methodologies
- Collaborate well in a flat team structure
- Basic working knowledge of HTML, CSS, FTP
- Able to easily navigate, find data and create reports using Google Analytics
- Confident and articulate in presenting ideas internally and to clients
- Passionate about new developments in digital marketing
- Ability to create well written blog posts and other articles periodically
- Thorough knowledge of link building strategies and techniques (website builds and digital marketing)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with email marketing
- Driven, confident and honest
- Enjoys working with autonomy
- Passionate about the internet or marketing in general
Education & Experience:
- Advanced degree, certification, or equivalent experience in online marketing or related field
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience (agency side preferred) in relevant digital marketing/content strategy positions
Gravitate is a fast paced, very fun environment of great people with big hearts and unobtrusive egos. We love data, we love great design, and we get results. Gravitate offers competitive pay and a benefits package that includes health and dental care, 401k, PTO, beer on tap, etc.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Content Strategist Job” – no calls please.